Thursday, March 18, 2010

Poor Tiger...


Yes, it's news.
Yes, it sells
But, the story is getting old...
Tiger Woods is one of the greatest golfers of all time. He had won 13 majors!
Until not too long ago, he was believed to be perfect...perfect career, perfect family, perfect temper... he participated in charitable work, helped others in need...
Then, one day...the world realizes that perfection is utopia...and that Tiger is indeed human. Therefore, he make mistakes...
Suddenly, the media turns against him...his sponsors pull out...and he is in deep trouble...
I say, let the man be... as long as I can watch him with my father on father's day winning another major... I'm happy...
I don't need him to be Mr. Morality, I just want to see him golfing.

PS: Thank you Nike for being loyal to Tiger, it will not be forgotten

4 comments:

  1. I generally agree with you, but it's hard to be so cavalier in actual practice. Especially in the media world where everyone's a cynic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how Tiger refused to announce the date he would return to golf during his now infamous press conference. I can't help but think of his return as a PR move. It's a way to remind fans and loyalists (and yes even sponsors) of why he's a celebrity to begin with: He is king of the Green.
    Once rethrone, the masses of sponsors will return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no problem if he were just golfing. But when you're the face of numerous companies and a "role model," his behavior was unacceptable. I could care less what he does on or off the golf course, but when you become a representative of a product, brand, or company...you have responsibilities. I would have dropped him too if I were the head of a company that sponsored him. It wouldn't be personal, purely business. That's what happens when you're getting busy when you have a wife and two kids at home...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps also a little schadenfreude?

    ReplyDelete